Thursday, March 24, 2011

Traveling with 302

Hi Y'all!

I'm writing to you all for New Orleans, and singing the praises of taking 302 on the road-

Right now, back in Massachusetts, it's snowing. So traveling to New Orleans was a big climate change. Usually, any time I experience a dramatic climate change, or change in season, I get nasty breakouts. Every spring I have my one seasonal breakout, because as the climate gets warmer oil production in the skin increases. So when coming to NOLA I was pretty prepared for Some breakouts.




I packed a travel size Face & Body Bar & Oily/Combo, Calming Mist, Ointment, Recovery Minerals and 302 Drops. (ok, and some bronzer, concealer, & wheatgrass powder - gotta keep the whole beauty from the inside out thing happenin' in NOLA!)

I decided to head some good advice from my visit with Richard, and to use 302 Drops as a wash off while I was here. It was so much more humid (which I like :) in NOLA I didn't want to put very much on the skin.

So I used the Oily/Combo in the AM, with the Mist and Recovery Minerals. This worked great because the Recovery Minerals gave me SPF 30 while also giving me some Oil control.

In the PM I applied the drops, let it sit for 2-3 minutes, and then foamed up the bar, lathered, rinsed until it wasn't slippery, and sprayed the Calming Mist.

Anyway, I know this doesn't sounds too ground breaking, but to be in 80 degree & humid weather and to not break out was a treat. I'm totally going to switch to only wash offs when summer comes in New England.

But, I'm leaving today to go back home where its much colder and drier right now - so I'm going to go back to applying the actives last, as I like the moisture.

My birthday present to myself was a Bellaire Ultrasound Probe (I have the spatula in my spa room, but I wanted the probe so I could use it in bed or in front of the tv) so when I get home I'm going to pick back up on using the Ultrasound probe every 3rd day with a different active for a month (probably most of April) and then cut down to using it 1-2 times a week as part of my regular regimen. I've been alternating between 302 Drops, A-Boost, and C-Boost. I think after a month of primarily treating my skin with Ultrasound I will reevaluate the remaining scars (which are smaller and smaller!) and decide if single Needling is necessary.

So long story short, change your application techniques andmmaybe even product line-up seasonally. It makes a difference, especially when traveling to different climates. :)

Wishing you great skin,
Danny Vanity

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're blogging more often! I need to write and catch up with you. ENJOY New Orleans, my friend! Lexy

    ReplyDelete